BCAA & United Way Community Child Car Seat Program
Nominations are now closed.
The Community Child Car Seat Program help keeps kids safe on BC roads by putting more children in child car seats who otherwise may have gone without.
BCAA (British Columbia Automobile Association) and United Way of the Lower Mainland (UWLM) are working in partnership to make child car seats available to non-profit community agencies that work with families with children age nine and under through their Community Child Car Seat Program.
United Way is dedicated to creating healthy, caring and inclusive communities. BCAA and its employees have decades-long history of helping to keep kids safe in our communities. BCAA is a long-time supporter of United Way so we share a rich history of changing people’s lives for the better. This joint Program supports families that need a little extra help.
Community programs offered by registered non-profit agencies can apply for child car seats. Community programs that support families with children under the age of nine are invited to participate. Successful applicants will receive child car seats for use within their programs and/or for distribution to client families in need. To ensure distribution throughout the province applications will be processed by region.
Criteria for receiving child car seats
Your community program must meet at least one of the following criteria to be eligible:
- work with families who do not have the resources to purchase a child car seat
- transport children age 0-9 as part of your program
- operate a child seat loaner program
Child car seat amount
The value in child car seats must range from a minimum of $500 to a maximum of $1,100 per applicant. Please see application form for more details. Any additional costs (i.e. shipping child car seats) will be the responsibility of BCAA.
Submission deadline is March 6, 2017.
1. All applicants will be notified within four weeks of the application deadline
2. Successful applicants will:
- Use the child car seats as outlined in the application and approved by BCAA & United Way
- Acknowledge BCAA & United Way support in all communication and promotional materials pertaining to the CCCS program
- Submit an online evaluation form provided by BCAA to be eligible to apply for child car seats in 2017
- Accept a child car seat educational package that will include samples of child passenger safety resources including bookmarks, BC law cards, parent check list cards & fact sheets.