Bhayana Family Foundation awards
The Bhayana Family Foundation Awards is a partnership between United Way and the Bhayana family to recognize extraordinary contributions made by frontline workers at United Way funded agencies.
Please take this opportunity to nominate employees or co-workers in one of the following categories who best exemplifies these values: Dedication, Leadership and Innovation. Nominations are now closed.
The Bhayana Family Foundation awards will be presented, November 30, 2016 at the Anvil Centre, 777 Columbia Street, New Westminster.
Recognizes individuals who demonstrate dedication to their organization’s mission
and value as well as unwavering loyalty and commitment to the success of their
agency and the clients they support.
Past Dedication Award Recipients:
- Melinda Hockley, YWCA Crabtree Corner, Early Learning and Care Centre
- Andrea Kiesser, Hollyburn Family Services Society
- Lee McIsaac, Boys and Girls Clubs of South Coast BC
- Angela Paiyizi, Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House
- Hala Kapani, Richmond Family Place
- Muoi Ly, Vancouver Second Mile Society
- Linda Minamimaye, Gordon Neighbourhood House
- Louise Jolicoeur, Housing and CLS manager, New View Society
- Khaleda Banu, Office Manager, Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House
- Lisa Rupert, Director, Housing and Violence Prevention, YWCA Metro Vancouver
Recognizes an employee who demonstrates exemplary leadership capabilities and who consistently achieves superior team-based results. These leaders play an exceptional role in helping others contribute to their organization as well as advancing its mission.
Past Leadership Award Recipients:
- Bea Bonnar, Dixon Transition Society
- Teresita Nidua, Collingwood Neighbourhood House Society
- Patricia Paz, Kitsilano Neighbourhood House
- Wes Everaars, Lookout Emergency Aid Society
- Eva Aboud, Frog Hollow Neighbourhood House
- Tahzeem Kassam, DIVERSEcity
- Darrel Roemer, Rehabilitation & Resource Manager, New View Society
- Corina Carroll, Manager of Counselling Services, DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society
- Shauna Mokelki, Manager, I hope family centre, Family Services of the North Shore
Recognizes an employee who introduces ideas, services or practices in new and
imaginative ways, contributing innovative solutions to the agency’s operations or
Past Innovation Award Recipient:
- David Woollven, YMCA of Greater Vancouver
- Claudine Matlo, Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House
- Bella Cenezero, Parent Support Services Society of BC
- Rupi Sahota, Legal Advocate, Sources Community Resources Society
- Karin Rai, Family Mental Health Program Coordinator, The Family Education and Support Centre Maple Ridge
About the Bhayana Family Foundation
The Bhayana Family Foundation Awards are made possible by a generous donation from Raksha M. Bhayana and the Bhayana Family Foundation. As a former member of United Way Toronto’s Board of Trustees, Raksha is a dedicated community volunteer and a passionate champion for the recognition of frontline workers who make a difference in the community every day. On behalf of the United Way family, we would like to express our admiration and gratitude to Raksha and the Bhayana Family Foundation.
If you have any questions or would like to provide feedback about these awards please contact Vanessa Woznow at 604.268.1300 ext. 2230.